DMTC develops and delivers new materials technologies and manufacturing processes to enhance Australian defence capabilities and strengthen industrial capacity. This is achieved through¬†collaborative partnerships¬†between Defence, government research agencies, academia¬†and industry partners.
Projects deliver real solutions to Defence across a range of capability, technology and program areas with a range of benefits including:
- Increased strength, payload capacity and operating range of equipment
- Improved performance and durability of equipment
- Increased efficiency in production
- Reduction in cost, time to market¬†and waste
- Customised equipment for specific Australian conditions
- Access to new markets
Read more about our recent achievements and our best practice program management structure in our 2016 Annual Report.