DMTC chief executive Mark Hodge joined Defence Connect podcast host Phil Tarrant for a wide-ranging discussion on the Australian defence industry and the future of collaborative technology development. The pair discussed DMTC’s transition to a proven industrial capability partner for Defence, and the current portfolio of projects DMTC is taking on to further develop the technological capabilities of the Australian defence industry.DMTC Tagged: CDIC, defence technology, DMTC, innovation, technology
DMTC has teamed up with a number of Australian Government and innovation partner organisations to provide advice and information to manufacturers looking to grow and transform their business at National Manufacturing Week and Austech 2017.
National Manufacturing Week is the largest gathering of Australian manufacturers under one roof and Austech is the only show specifically targeted at the metalworking, machine tool and ancillary market in Australia.
Experts from the following Government agencies and innovation partners will come together to form an Advanced Manufacturing team:
- Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC)
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
- Centre for Defence Industry Capability
- Defence Materials Technology Centre
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Entrepreneurs’ Programme
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation
- Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre
Tailored information and assistance will be available on the following topics:
- Reducing the time, cost and risk of exporting for export-ready companies; and export grants
- Collaborative industry-led research products and funding to deliver innovative manufacturing outcomes
- Finance for small and medium-sized enterprises exporting or expanding offshore
- Collaboration on projects with co-funding opportunities for commercial outcomes
- Defence capability and related manufacturing opportunities for Australian small and medium-sized enterprises and
- Access to advice and support needed to improve competitiveness, productivity and maximise growth potential.
DMTC participated in a plenary session on the opportunities for SMEs to join Defence supply chains on Thursday, 11 May.
The Advancing Australian Manufacturing team will be at booth number MS02 throughout the week.Posted by DMTC Tagged: Austech, collaboration, DMTC, innovation, NMW
DCNS has formally signed on as a supporting industry participant with Australia’s Defence Materials Technology Centre (DMTC).
The agreement will see DMTC and DCNS collaborate on developing technical expertise and building industrial capacity within Australian maritime sector supply chains, with a focus in the first instance on naval shipbuilding and repair.
Read more: DMTC – DCNS media releasePosted by DMTC Tagged: DCNS, DMTC, Shipbuilding, Welding
DMTC industry partner Anteo Diagnostics Ltd has notified the ASX of the successful completion of the first milestone in their DMTC project, with initial studies demonstrating high-detection sensitivity.
Anteo has partnered with Planet Innovation, Deakin University and DMTC to further the technology readiness of Planet Innovation’s (Nplex) low cost, high sensitivity point of care diagnostic system using breakthrough reader technology.
Anteo’s contribution and objectives in Milestone 1 were to successfully functionalise nanoparticles requiring integration with Planet Innovation’s reader. Anteo has successfully established, optimised and verified a model lateral flow system for the nominated target assay using Mix&Go.
Work on the next milestone is already underway and is scheduled to be completed by next quarter.
The DMTC Medical Countermeasures (MCM) program recognises the increasingly important need to create, in Australia, an integrated multidisciplinary network focused on MCM product development.
Anteo’s statement is available here.Posted by Harry Baxter Tagged: DMTC, MCM, research